employee Joe Valind
- Purchased Auto Safety Center in 2005; started with company in 1995 to 1998; then 2003-Present.
- Qualifications/Certifications/Awards: ASE Certified Technician; ASE Certified Service Consultant; EPA Certified for Air Conditioning repair and servicing.
- Specializations/Special Skills/Expertise: Great communicator and problem solver.
- Education/Training: Moraine Park Technical College Fond du Lac, Automotive Technologies Degree 1998; West Bend East High School Graduate 1996.
- Experience: Technician: 16 yrs; Owner/Manager: 6 yrs
- Previous host of “The Car Care Minute” car tips radio show on 92.5 FM WBWI
Born and raised in West Bend with most of my childhood years spent at our home on 9th Ave. Auto Safety Center was a shop I walked past many times on my way to the river to go fishing or to Regner Park. In my teenage years and specifically after I bought my first car when I was 16, cars became an obsession. My first job in an auto repair shop was, in fact, at Auto Safety Center. I started working at Auto Safety Center in Sept 1995. I got the job through our high school co-op program which enabled students to leave school and to work on the job while acquiring class credits. My obsession with cars and my ambition collided shortly thereafter and I made it a goal to own my own shop someday. I never would have dreamed that the shop I would someday own was the one I got my start at as a technician when I was 17.
I love participating in auto repair trade related online forums as a means to improve my knowledge, share ideas, and encourage professionalism throughout our industry. This also improves the service Auto Safety Center delivers to our clients and keeps me current on the rapid changes that take place in the auto repair industry. I also enjoy taking regular classroom training sessions about new auto repair technology. For a while I shared automotive tips on The Car Care Minute on our local country radio station 92.5 FM WBWI.
Personal interests: study of the Bible, teaching, traveling, and spending time with my family.
Clubs & organization activities: 2013 – Present: Member of Bend City Church 224 Butternut St, West Bend; 2001-2013: Member of Emmaus Bible Church 220 N 6th Ave West Bend; 2003-2010: Emmaus Bible Church Board Member (Deacon); 2010-2013: Emmaus Bible Church Board Member (Elder & Board Chairman).
My family includes wife Jessica, 3 Daughters, 1 Son, a Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie) named Captain Jack, and a Siamese Cat named Roxy.